Tuesday, November 22, 2011

R.U.R

Alright first a fun fact R.U.R was the very first work to use the word robot. I just find this interesting. I think I will divide this post into sections on each act.
Act I- God and friends of the Ood.
I was saddened by the fact that older Rossom was planning to prove there was no god. Not because of myself even though I do believe in god but there are people who base their entire lives around their religion. Why would you want to ruin that for people. There is no good reason its like If I walked up to you at lunch and spit in your sandwich but that sandwich was your life. Also This is another doctor who reference but it makes me feel better about the world knowing that for future slave groups there will be people complaining about it Friends of the Ood in doctor who and the League of humanity in R.U.R.
Act II-Go ahead Poke that bear
Why. Why do we always look at life and go look something precious lets make some new abomination and be proud. But I guess that shows what I like about science.  People will always see things they don’t understand and want to know. Some pioneer must have discovered a sleeping bear and wondered what It was and then poked it to see what happened. That’s what science does they poke that bear for not only knowledge but for fun. They poke it and laugh.
Act III- FACE DESK
Sigh. I really don’t want to talk about this we ALWAYS screw ourselves over. Why do you suck so much humanity.  All of the work that last two acts did in restoring my faith in you was just violently undone.
Epilouge-Eww and Aww
Yep faith in humanity gone. Alquist keeps on the formula and does things that disgust himself which has just like killed it. But my faith in robot society is just going on the up and up. They love each other and they want to protect each other YAY!!!! Something to believe in :] 

No comments:

Post a Comment