Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Outer Limits- O.B.I.T.

This episode of outer limits explains a lot to me like why people use robot and how  people act and why robots are there we  can use them to spy and work and to keep us from thinking. Which is kind of sad? In my last post I talked about how science is like poking bears. Only a few can be scientists the rest hide in fear of knowledge for the fear of what it may show them. I hope that I can live as a person of knowledge always living in the light no matter how blinding it is to avoid living in the dark and in fear always waiting for someone else to take that step and be amazing.
There is your quote for you.
Lomax: The machines are everywhere! Oh you'll find them all, you're a zealous people. And you'll make a great show of smashing a few of them. But for every one you destroy,hundreds of others will be built. And they will demoralize you, break your spirits, create such rifts and tensions in your society that no one will be able to repair them! Oh, you're a savage, despairing planet, and when we come here to live, you friendless, demoralized flotsam will fall without even a single shot being fired. Senator, enjoy the few years left you. There is no answer. You're all of the same dark persuasion! You demand – insist – on knowing every private thought and hunger of everyone: Your families, your neighbors, everyone— but yourselves.
I find this to be a truth we all must face kicking and screaming or bravely going forth and I feel the best of humanity will find the best way to cope with it. Robots will be there for the weak to keep them from thinking in their happy brain dead states. I hope this can no longer be the norm in the distant future though I doubt that this dream can come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment